The secrets of a beautiful skin are a few: hydration, smoothness, luminosity. Part of the secret is how we treat it externally. The other part is how we nourish it from within.
Summer comes and with it we stock all kinds of products for the skin: tanning, after-sun, moisturizing … care aimed at avoiding the ravages of the sun on the skin after the long winter. But many women feel that despite this, their skin is dry, dry, dry … The secrets of beautiful skin are a few: hydration, smoothness, luminosity. Part of the secret is how we treat it externally.
The other part is how we nourish it from within. Just as the tree feeds through its roots – and not its leaves – skin care begins on the plate.
The smoothness of the skin depends on an adequate framework of collagen fibers, which intervene in the formation of all structures: tissues, bones, blood vessels, skin. The collagen is synthesized by the organism continuously, and in that process several nutrients intervene, mainly:
- Vit C: Fundamental also as an antioxidant. It is found in: citrus fruits, strawberries, sprouts, watercress, cauliflower … fresh fruits and vegetables in general.
- Magnesium: Green leafy vegetables, whole grains, algae, nuts, sunflower and sesame seeds, almonds, avocados … especially if they come from organic farming.
- Silicon: Whole grains, millet, horsetail (can be taken in tablet).
The necessary hydration of the skin is not achieved by drinking only water – which is important. It is also necessary that the cells have the capacity to conserve the ideal degree of humidity, which depends, among other things, on the good state of the cell membranes. These are formed by proteins and various types of fatty acids, some of them scarce in the current diet, for example:
- Vit F: (essential fatty acids omega 3 and 6) The first ones are found in flax seed and pumpkin, walnuts, blue fish, and the second ones in wheat germ oil and seeds (sesame, sunflower, corn …) of first cold pressure. Symptom of deficiency is very dry skin, especially the legs, knees down. Keep reading http://healthyfamilyapp.com/top-reasons-to-use-a-facial-toner/
Integrity of skin and mucous membranes: All epithelial cells need sufficient amounts of:
- Vit A, or carotenes: Carotenes are pro-vitamin A, precursor substances capable of becoming a vitamin in the body. It is found in dark green vegetables (Swiss chard, spinach, parsley, broccoli …) and orange fruits and vegetables (carrots, squash, apricots …). In vitamin form it is found in egg yolk, butter, fish oil, especially liver.
Prevention of aging
Due to its direct exposure to the sun, oxygen or pollution, the skin needs a good supply of antioxidants. In addition to Vit C, and magnesium, and due to the lipid nature of cell membranes, a sufficient amount of:
- Vit E: Antioxidant of fats. Wheat germ oil, olive oil, first cold pressing. Oilseeds. Pollen
- Selenium: Wheat germ, whole grains, onions, meat, fish, eggs, brewer’s yeast.
A good supply of nutrients does not guarantee a good absorption if the system is clogged with waste substances. A dull, haggard complexion denotes a certain degree of tissue poisoning and poor circulation, a nutritious but clean diet and the practice of sport, which not only stimulates circulation but also increases the elimination of toxins through the skin, represent a healthy way to achieve a more “transparent” skin.
Tanning is the consequence of a process of defense of the skin before a potentially damaging circumstance (sun exposure). Therefore, getting dark should never be an objective in itself that would take us risks. Skin care includes a healthy diet, the application of protective creams and a gradual and sensible sun exposure duration, avoiding the hours of maximum sunlight, between 2 and 5 in the afternoon. For those who are very sensitive to the sun and reddened but do not tan, there is a product whose natural pigments and carotene content make it an interesting natural:
- Bee pollen: An empty fasting spoon daily.