The BMI or body mass index, is an index that is used in medicine to calculate the health risk factors related to body weight. The excess weight (overweight or obesity condition) is indeed a risk factor for health. The most common diseases are often connected with incorrect eating habits, correcting those means not getting sick, living long with a better quality of life, feeling and being fit.
How to calculate the body mass index (BMI)
The usual formula for calculating the body mass index is as follows:
WEIGHT IN KILOS
(HEIGHT IN METERS) 2
To calculate the body mass index, you must then divide the body weight by the square height.
The result determines the state of health in relation to weight and indicates whether you suffer from thinness, overweight or obesity.
TABLE OF BODY MASS INDEX (BMI)
- From 0 to 4.9 THINNESS III health risks: prostration, asthenia, degenerative diseases and fatal danger.
- From 5 to 9.9 THINNESS II The risks to health: anorexia, bulimia, osteoporosis and self-consumption of body mass.
- From 10 to 18.5 THINNESS The risks to health: digestive disorders, weakness, chronic fatigue, stress, anxiety and hormonal dysfunction.
- From 18.6 to 24.9 NORMAL WEIGHT (weight): normal state, good energy level, vitality and good physical condition.
- From 25 to 29.9 OVERWEIGHT health risks: fatigue, digestive diseases, circulatory problems, poor circulation in the legs and varicose veins.
- From 30 to 34.9 OBESITY Health risks: diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, joint problems, knee and spine problems, gallstones.
- From 35 to 39.9 OBESITY II health risks: diabetes, cancer, chest angina, infarcts, thrombophlebitis, arteriosclerosis, embolism, changes in menstruation.
- From 40 or more OBESITY III health risks: lack of air, apnea, drowsiness, pulmonary thrombosis, varicose ulcers, prostate cancer, and esophageal reflux, social, occupational and sexual discrimination, subject to accidents.
If the result of the calculation of body mass index (BMI) indicates a state of overweight or obesity, you must adopt a diet to lose weight globally (eliminate excessively large pounds) or to lose inches in localized areas. To lose weight, it is useful to have a varied and nutritious breakfast, to moderate the quantity of food for lunch and dinner and if possible to have dinner not too late in the evening and in a light way. Keep reading http://wolff-tech.com/simple-way-to-acquire-proper-diet-solutions-through-the-elimination-of-side-effects/
A more effective way to lose weight is to start a combined program of healthy eating and physical exercises. Before starting the physical activity, the first step is to consult the doctor to perform a physical check. Physical exercise is the best support to lose weight: physical activity accelerates the metabolism and, even after you have finished your physical exercise, your body continues to burn fat.