If after drinking a glass of milk your body has negative reactions, you may be suffering from lactose intolerance. It is an inability that the body suffers to digest the sugar that makes up the milk.
Colic, flatulence, diarrhea, and swelling are the symptoms that your body would throw to alert you about this situation. Specifically, lactose intolerance is generated when your body does not have the necessary amount of lactase, the enzyme that participates in this process.
When the lactose is not absorbed by the small intestine (organ where the absorption of most nutrients takes place), it reaches the colon to be fermented by all intestinal bacteria. It is at that precise moment when all the discomforts begin.
Starting a healthy diet is the most reliable solution. Next, we tell you what you can eat and how you can combine your food to avoid these discomforts.
If it is not milk, what can I drink?
The Spanish Heart Foundation states that human beings can tolerate between 100 and 200 ml of milk a day with normality. This corresponds to 5 and 10 grams of lactose.
On the other hand, the organization remembers that the main source of calcium is milk. Hence the importance of ensuring a good intake of this nutrient.
That said, if you suffer from lactose intolerance you should know that there are alternative foods that can supply the amount of calcium your body needs. Keep reading http://apporello.com/components-psychological-relationship-influential-body-mind-in-psoriasis/
The foundation points out the following:
- Soy milk
- Low lactose milk with which you can prepare delicious sauces, croquettes, and desserts.
- Fish such as sardines, mussels, cockles, anchovies with spines, among others.
- Cured or fermented cheeses.
- Ultimately, calcium supplements that are given orally.
In parallel, to ensure that your body improves the absorption of calcium, the Spanish Heart Foundation insists that you avoid:
- Vegetables such as spinach and rhubarb, as they are a nutritional source that provides oxalic acid, a substance that hinders the absorption of calcium.
- Carbonated drinks, because they are rich in phosphate.
10 healthy menus for lactose intolerance
The Andalusian Society of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics proposes the following combinations of lactose-free menus for you to put into practice for two weeks. Then, you can start your creativity.
Attention, the companions of all meals consist of whole grain bread and fruit. That said, here we go.
To start the week, lunch is very varied and complete.
- Whole macaroni with tomato (lactose-free).
- Flounder Baked.
- Sautéed green beans.
- Salad with lamb’s lettuce, apple, and celery.
On the other hand, for the last meal of the day you can prepare the following:
- Grilled pork loin.
- Mashed potatoes.
Check this article: Protein Diet: Lose 6 pounds in a month with the protein diet
In this case, lunch is more reduced but very nutritious:
- Salad of lettuce, tomato, carrots and cooked ham (without lactose).
- Stewed lentils with vegetables.
Instead, at dinner you will opt for:
- Rice soup.
- Pisto manchego (with natural tomato or fried without lactose) with curdled egg.
We have already reached the middle of the week, and for sure your body notices the changes. For lunch, prepare:
- Pumpkin cream (homemade without dairy products).
- Baked hake.
- Baked potato baked.
- Pumpkin cream.
To end the day, you have this option:
- Tomato salad.
- Zucchini stuffed with tofu.
- Sauteed spirals.
For the second dish of the day, you can enjoy the following:
- Brown rice paella with vegetables (carrots, green beans, and peas).
- Grilled chicken.
- Lettuce, tomato, corn and asparagus salad.
On the other hand, you will enjoy the last meal of the day if you prepare the following:
- Mushroom, onion and pepper skewers.
- Anchovies breaded.
- Potatoes seasoned with onions and peppers.
We have reached the last day of the first week. On this occasion, your lunch should consist of
- Chickpea stew and noodles.
- Sautéed zucchini.
For dinner, you will have many flavors and colors if you prepare the following:
- Lettuce and tomato salad.
- Homemade pizza of tuna and black olives.
After the break, your lunch this week should contain the necessary nutrients:
- Salad of lettuce, tomato, and cooked chicken.
- Chickpeas stewed with vegetables.
- And to close the day:
- Menestra (carrots, artichokes, green beans).
- Scrambled eggs and potatoes.
Your lunch will consist of three meals:
- Cream of carrots (homemade, without dairy products).
- Beef meatballs in sauce.
- Sautéed whole rice.
At dinner enjoy the following:
- Noodle Soup.
- Baked in the oven.
- Lettuce and tomato salad.
- Spinach, apple, and tomato salad.
- Dogfish with potatoes in yellow.
To end the day, two dishes full of flavor:
- Baked eggplant with tomato sauce (natural).
- Homemade croquettes (without milk) of hake.
- Stuffed baked eggplants.
The week is almost over. Lunch consists of the following 3 dishes:
- Sauteed spaghetti with carrots and zucchini.
- Panga baked
- Sautéed mushroom.
Say goodbye on Thursday with the following combination for dinner:
- Carrot, cucumber, and tomato salad.
- Homemade chicken burger.
- Sautéed whole rice.
- Beans with vegetables.
- Lettuce, tomato and corn salad.
Finally, enjoy your dinner with this combination:
- Vegetable soup (leek, cauliflower, and carrots).
- Golden baked.
- Roasted potato.
Do not fear and face this challenge with the best disposition. With the above menus, you can see that suffering from lactose intolerance is not an impediment to healthy and rich eating.
Now, do not forget to consult with a nutrition specialist, so that you have a better control of this process.
We also invite you to discover this article: http://magazinemi.com/tomato-and-cheese-toast-recipe/